Guidelines and Best Practices for Re-opening Businesses in Big Bear
Back To Big Bear May 26, 2020
Update for May 22, 2020
As the City of Big Bear Lake has respectfully decided to forgo enforcement of the Governor’s shutdown orders, it is more important than ever that our Community, Businesses and Guests all continue the amazing efforts and progress we’ve made to minimize the effects of the COVID-19 disease.
The City has approved a Re-Opening Plan designed to keep our community and guests safe as we begin to re-open businesses, lodging, restaurants, and recreation. The threat of a spike in coronavirus cases is still very real and it will take the cooperation of everyone in the Valley – residents, businesses, and tourists included – to follow the City Council’s Plan.
Read the full guidelines from the City HERE.
Read COVID-19 Best Practices & Community Guidelines from Visit Big Bear HERE.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we continue to revive and rebuild our community!
– Michael Perry, CEO, Visit Big Bear
Big Bear Lake Opening Guidelines
This document contains condensed information from multiple sources including the CDC, EPA, FDA and national associations/organizations. The goal of this document is to help your business establish visitor and local trust.
As I receive updated information via email, I will update this document.
… a few more links…
- The Vacation Rental Management Assoc. & Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals SafeHome campaign encourages members to adopt safe travel standards in line with those mandated nationally, statewide or locally. The initiative encourages vacation rental management professionals to openly communicate with guests and employees about the precautions they are taking to help keep them safe and healthy. Read more about the initiative at https://www.vrma.org/page/
- The US Food & Drug Administration offer guidance for Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic at https://www.fda.gov/food/food-
safety-during-emergencies/ best-practices-retail-food- stores-restaurants-and-food- pick-updelivery-services- during-covid-19
- President Trump’s Guidelines for Opening Up America Again is a three-phased approach based on the advice of public health experts. These steps will help state and local officials when reopening their economies, getting people back to work, and continuing to protect American lives. See guidelines for individuals and employers at https://www.whitehouse.gov/
- The State of California offers insight into the re-opening of our economy. Follow the Resilience Roadmap for phase openings and guidelines for indsutries at https://covid19.ca.gov/